Sunday, March 29, 2015

response to my partner's argument


LiuKexin
Dr.Marquardt
ENG1430 W10
         March 29, 2015


I disagree with Amanda’s view that “the villain [in Kung Fu panda movie] is not fit the definition of the Cinderella story”, I think villain is fit and accordant. As for the definition of villain in Cinderella story, villain is evil character who prevents the main character succeeding .It is obvious that Tai Lung prevents Po being the Dragon Warrior. Tai Lung prevents Po being successful as Cinderella’s step mother and sisters do. I totally disagree with what Amanda’s argument that “He [Tai Lung] doesn’t aim at one person” Po is the hero who is chosen by Master Oogway to defeat Tai Lung and protect their valley. In this battle, Po is the only opponent of Tai Lung. Only defeating Po can Tai Lung lay waste to the valley. So Tai Lung does aim at one person---Po.

  Amanda’s argument is based on faulty evidence, so Kung Fu panda qualifies as Cinderella story.

No comments:

Post a Comment